An invitation to Develop a
Sustainable Integrated Living Estate
in the North of Mauritius
Société Rouillard Frères (SRF) owns around 94 hectares of land in Anse La Raie – Mauritius called
Le Domaine “Les Palétuviers“. We are looking for like-minded partners – property development specialists and investors – willing to embrace our vision and embark on a promising journey with us
to develop this area over the medium term.
We all share at SRF a highest aspiration, and that is to secure the perennity of our unique natural heritage on the basis of an economically viable & ecologically responsible approach.
Our purpose is to grow from our existing natural reserve – The Nature Park – patiently created over the years, that borders the North coast of Mauritius and sets a unique sense of place.
FEEL THE PLACE AND SEE ITS POTENTIAL
LE DOMAINE “LES PALÉTUVIERS”
A UNIQUE LOCATION IN THE NORTH OF MAURITIUS
MAURITIUS – The Star and Key of the Indian Ocean :
- Safe, peaceful and thriving country
- Strategic location: at the crossroads of Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia
- Extensive network of business, trade and finance connections
- Well-developed telecommunications, sea and air connectivity
- Among the safest countries of the African geopolitical block
- English & French as major languages.
THE PRESERVED NORTH
An estate of 114 hectares of unspoilt land in the North of the island, at Anse La Raie, set between countryside and lagoon.
- Sea-facing, with direct access to the beach
- A unique mangrove and endemic trees reserve
- 5-minute walk to the renowned landmark, Cap Malheureux chapel
- Well-connected area : served by the coastal road and the new Grand Baie to Calodyne by-pass.
- Faraway mountain ranges as a backdrop.
LES PALÉTUVIERS – NATURE PARK
At the heart of the spacious estate, a surface area of 23 hectares lies under our endemic reserve – Les Palétuviers Nature Park :
- The vibrant green heart of the Domain with unique natural sea ponds surrounded by mangrove
- A preserved natural area dedicated to leisure, wellness and ecology
- A 100% pedestrian area: walking, jogging and bicycle tracks
- A direct access to the sea: to the Beach Club and Boat Club
- Educational tours on the mangrove eco-system and endemic trees
- Food & Beverage spots in multiple “natural” settings
PARTNERING TO DEVELOP AROUND THE NATURE PARK
WE INVITE YOU TO DEVELOP A SUSTAINABLE & INTEGRATED LIVING ESTATE AROUND THE NATURE PARK
Our purpose is to develop what we have named, for present communication purposes, “Les Palétuviers – The Nature Park”.
Our proposed zoning, as laid out in the map, is not carved in stone but indicative of possibilities. It sets the basis to open up discussions with prospective partners and investors embracing our vision, towards the joint development of our territory.
DISCOVER IN DETAILS THE ESTATE AND ITS MAIN ASSETS
WE ARE INVITING YOU TO BECOME OUR PARTNER
IN DEVELOPING LES PALÉTUVIERS
- Our intention is to create a high-end ecological and well-being offering around the Nature Park, geared towards hospitality: ecolodges, boutique hotels, hotels, and towards residential and commercial: offices and shops.
- Our proposal for the allocation and development of the site, as shown on the map, is not fixed but indicative of the possibilities. It is a flexible basis for discussion with potential partners who share our approach and philosophy for the development of this area.
IMAGINE THE FUTURE EXPERIENCE AND
LIFESTYLE OF THE ESTATE
Exclusive access to the Nature Park
- Areas for relaxation, picnics & catering
- 10 kilometres of cycle and pedestrian paths
- Physical and sporting activities with a focus on “Nature and Well-being”
- Tours and discovery of the Mangrove ecosystem and Coral protection
- Educational and awareness-raising activities for children and the whole family
Exclusive access to the Boat Club
- A unique view of the iconic Coin de Mire
- Wide range of activities and water sports
- Sunbathing area facing the lagoon with its own bar and restaurant
- Exclusive concierge service
- Access to the most famous Kitesurfing spot in the north: Anse La Raie.
Access to the beautiful beach of Anse La Raie
- Public beach accessible by foot from the Domain, located in front of the sea
- Quiet and romantic atmosphere of this wild and preserved beach in the north of Mauritius
- Water sports activities: kitesurfing, windsurfing, scuba diving, paddle boarding
- Education and awareness: with the discovery of the underwater paths
NOTHING CAN BEAT THE REAL EXPERIENCE
OF DISCOVERING LES PALÉTUVIERS.
In the meantime, we suggest that you dive into the heart of this exceptional estate by exploring our new brochure to get a feel for all the subtleties:
- Les Palétuviers : a unique site
- The Nature Park
- The proposed development strategy
- La Place du Village
- Hospitality in the Park
- “Live, Work & Play in the Park
- Living in the Park
- An Ecological and Wellness Experience
What we bring to the table
70 HECTARES TO BE
A CLEAR DEVELOPMENT
PHILOSOPHY AND A
THE NATURE PARK &
THE BEACH SITES WHICH
WILL REMAIN SRF’S
A RELIABLE TEAM OF
A STRONG LOCAL NETWORK
AND A PRIVILEGED ACCESS
TO LOCAL AUTHORITIES
A FLEXIBLE AND
FOR THE PARTNERSHIP
We have a strong attachment to this family legacy and as such want to ensure that any future property developments meet various sustainability, urban planning, architectural and landscaping standards – which are also aligned with current market trends.
THE SRF TEAM
Société Rouillard Frères (SRF) – The Real Estate Owner
Jérôme has an extensive field
experience of project leadership. He is the Executive Chairman of Société Rouillard Frères since January 2019. He joined the group to lead its necessary transformation, bringing in his local and international experience in restructuring and development projects.
Emmanuelle, is a born enthusiast and a dynamic person. She joined the development team in January 2020 and was thereafter assigned to the post of Property Manager. She is your go to person for any detailed information you may require about Les Palétuviers Domain and its Nature Park.
Société Rouillard Frères
The group’s establishment in the Mauritian economy dates back to 1837, in the sugar industry sector. Over time Société Rouillard Frères diversified its activities to enhance the environmental value of its natural heritage.
In its desire to partake in the conservation of the island’s endemic flora, the Rouillard family set out, in the 90s, to create on its Anse la Raie lands a reserve of endemic trees and also invested itself in the conservation of a wonderful inland mangrove : Les Palétuviers. In parallel, on the group’s properties located in Mon Loisir and Petit Raffray, they set up a nursery specialising in endemic plants, namely Endemika.
Within the framework of the responsible and ecological diversification of its activities, the group’s vision is to propose qualitative real estate developments that blend with their natural environment. Whether in its Nature Park, a housing allotment, business park, retirement residence, villa compound, restaurant, wellness centre project… All will integrate in their ADN sequence the fundamentals of this cherished natural heritage and family legacy.
THE PROFESSIONAL TEAM
Horizon Property Partners
ISABELLE COLOGNE MASSÉ
URBAN BY NATURE
Design for Abundance
Consultants – DA Geosystems Ltd